5 Media Sources


 

       Today, there are so many news sources that it is easy to steer away from reliable and trustworthy information. Based on personal opinions and experiences, I use these sources to observe what is happening in the world. 


1. CNN

    CNN is one of the leading cable news networks in the United States. Some may say that it is seen as a more liberal view due to the fact that it opposes Fox News. However, according to Ad Fontes Media, CNN is more reliable than Fox News, therefore, this is the most used source I get my news from when it comes to politics.


2. New York Times

       New York Times is a source I like to use when I want to dive deeper into a research topic. This news organization provides a neutral stance on political and public issues. They have a high status as an award winning news organization, making it reliable and trustworthy.


3. AP

     AP News is a great source when it comes to gathering factual data and research. I like to use direct statistics from this and then form my own opinion about a topic. I usually use this source when fact checking and coming to a solution. It also offers a wide variety of topics from lifestyle to science, to politics, to sports.


4. Reuters

    Similar to AP News, Reuters is another good source for gathering factual data and research. They are known to be very credible due to the fact that they make their articles for both political sides and only offer facts. It is great to get statistics and then form my own opinion about topics.


5. Vogue

    Lastly, when I want to stay up to date on news when it comes to entertainment and celebrities, I use Vogue. This is a magazine that covers fashion, beauty, culture, lifestyle and runways. I love looking at the different celebrities in magazines which makes me want to read more. Also, since I’m a Social Media major, it is important to keep up with the newest trends and influencers.

Comments